17.02.2011

The end is near!

I'm about to finish work on latest package called video-switcher! I managed to write a command-line application that is able to change the video card. It has to restart the X server (closing Your session), but as far as I know, there's no getting around that.
There's only one problem left to fix. When switching back to the on-board Intel video card on my tm2-1090eg, the display often gets into a weird state where it's either showing just garbage or nothing at all. I was able to circumvent this by turning the screen off and on again. However, vbetool, the program I use for doing so, sometimes hangs up using 100% of the processor. At that point, my program hangs, too, and never gets to restart the X server. Apparently this is a known bug which hasn't been fixed yet. I'm still working on this and I hope to have a fix ready in the next few days. If You have any idea that might help, I'd be glad to hear about it!
I'll keep You posted!

P.S.: After fixing the problem it might still take some time to write a graphical user interface for the command line application. This shouldn't take more than a day, though.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen