17.01.2011

2 new packages to come!

Here's a small announcement:
I will probably create a package for automatic CPU frequency scaling based on my article here. From what I read in the forums where this blog was posted, there are many people (especially those new to Ubuntu) who have problems or difficulties setting up and installing scripts. The package will thus contain the script, the ACPI handler and the upstart job. This is nothing more and nothing less than I already posted in the article, but will of course be much easier to install and update. I hope the package will be useful for many people and I would be very happy about any feedback on this topic (there are visitor statistics available for me concerning the blog, but unfortunately there's no download counter for my PPA).
Another package I'm currently working on is based on the post about switchable graphics. It will contain a small graphical (also usable without a GUI) program which is able to switch the graphics card between the integrated (less power consuming) Intel card and the discrete (more powerful) ATI card. It will of course still restart the X server upon changing the card as there is currently no way to circumvent this. Personally I have little use for such a program (as I don't really need the graphical power of the ATI card in Linux), but I think it might be come in handy once in a while and may be even more useful for other people. As for the first announced package, I would be very happy about any feedback concerning this.

2 Kommentare:

  1. hello
    I install your program from your ppa for screen rotation
    it works really well
    and created a shortcut that I put in my taskbar
    for this to be really fast access
    thank you

    and thank you for the keyboard shortcuts for the light to turn off ATI
    your blog is in my favorites
    soon
    ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Glad to hear that!
    I've completed the first package (to automatically change the CPU governor), check it out!
    http://linuxquirks.blogspot.com/2011/01/power-saving-for-win.html

    AntwortenLöschen