13.06.2011

Update to cpufreq

Today I've released an update to cpufreq which should fix the issue that the upstart script didn't set the governor on system boot. In previous versions, the script looked up the power supply status in some obscure path on the /sys filesystem, including hardware addresses. With the release of 11.04, this path didn't exist on my system anymore. Instead, a much simpler path appeared: /sys/class/power_supply/AC/online, which seems to be independent of the hardware. The new script now checks this location and sets the governor accordingly.

Unfortunately, I seem to have overestimated the time I can spend on my projects here. I haven't forgotten any of Your comments and I will try to answer them as soon as possible, but this might take more time that I previously thought. Sorry for that.

1 Kommentar:

  1. hi. do you remember me? it was time to update my poor linux install and I wanted to check what you were up to! apparently i discovered why i was having many more problems than you: besides bad luck, i have a 2xxx series tm2, whereas i think you have a 1xxx, am I right?
    I don't know about you, but any kernel after 35 doesn't give me any acpi interface at all: I couldn't see temperatures anymore. I solved the problems by using acpi_call. So I could use Oneiric beta with its new kernel. then I discovered that, even after disabling the ati card, temps were 6 degrees higher with the new kernel (I didn't check battery use). i had read about some power regressions in the new kernels, so i decided that my issue was definetely a real one. i went back to the old and reliable 35 kernel. now i run kubuntu beta with a 1-year old kernel... i also had to manually compile the new open source drivers for the broadcom wifi card.
    coming from a macbook, when i bought the pc i figured i could live with windows, but it lasted no more than a week.. now i regret not having bought an older tablet with more linux compatibility!

    AntwortenLöschen